GENERAL RULES & INFORMATION
1. Please make sure you join the smallfandombang community
. It will be the Author’s responsibility to watch or track the community to make sure you don’t miss anything.
2. Your fandom must be verified before you sign up. If your fandom wasn’t verified during a previous round (and hasn’t since grown too large to qualify), then you should comment here or at the What Qualifies as a Small Fandom post
at our sister community smallfandomfest
to have it verified. The general rule for this community is that any fandom with less than 2,000 fic qualifies.
(For a list of fandoms that have already been qualified, please check the Qualifying Fandoms Database
; for a list of fandoms that have already been disqualified, please check the What Qualifies as a Small Fandom post
.)Don’t forget to check the list for fandoms that have been disqualified since the last round.
3. Stories must be at least 10,000 words long. There is no maximum length.
4. All ratings, pairings (gen, het, slash, threesomes), and genres (from horror to romance) are welcome here.
5. AUs are allowed. Crossovers between small fandoms are allowed. Fusions between small fandoms are allowed.
6. Stories must be fictional person fiction only; this challenge does not include real person fiction unless the real person has been fictionalized. (For example, if you’re writing Alexander the Great based on the movie Alexander, or Napoleon based on the Temeraire series.)
8. Stories must be complete and new – no WIPs or previously posted work will be accepted.
9. Authors may sign-up to write more than one fic, and/or to co-write a fic. Please read the FAQ
before doing so as there are limits to the number of fic you may sign up to write.
10. If you choose to co-write fic, please only sign up once and list both usernames in the form.
11. If you choose to sign-up to write more than one fic, please sign up separately for each fic.
12. Please note that check-ins are mandatory
13. Stories must not be posted anywhere on the web prior to your posting date, in part or in whole. You will be able to share snippets of your story at our support comm, smallfandomcafe
14. Authors may also sign-up to do art, but may not claim their own fic.
15. Authors, please note that you may be called upon to assist your artist with screencaps, character descriptions, etc. Since this is a multi-fandom, small fandom challenge there is a high probability that Artists will be asked to create artwork for fandoms they are unfamiliar with, so your assistance will be necessary.
For more information, please read the Rules
before you sign up.SCHEDULE FOR ROUND SEVEN
||September 1 - October 31, 2017
||November 1, 2017 - January 31, 2018
|Author Check-In No. 1:
||November 1-7, 2017
|Author Check-In No. 2:
||December 1-7, 2017
|Author Check-In No. 3:
||January 1-7, 2018
|Artist Check-In No. 1:
||January 1-7, 2018
|Rough Draft Due:
||January 31, 2018
||February 7 - February 13, 2018
||February 14, 2018
|Author Check-In No. 4:
||March 8-14, 2018
|Artist Check-In No. 2:
||March 8-14, 2018
|Final Drafts (Fic & Art) Due:
||March 31, 2018
|Posting Date Sign-Ups:
||April 1 - April 4, 2018
||April 5 - April 30, 2018
To sign up, please fill out the Author Sign-Up Form linked below. Please include all the required information. After you have signed up you will receive an e-mail to confirm that we have received your sign-up, as well as a notification from Google containing the information with which you signed up. Invitations to join our support community, smallfandomcafe
, will go out to all authors at the end of October.Author Sign-Up Form
Thank you for signing up!
If you have any questions about the challenge generally that aren’t answered in the Rules
, please ask them at the FAQ post
. If you have a question specifically about this round you may ask it here.